Monday, August 31, 2009

The Marvel Legends Mighty Muggs Mightiest of all?

Silver Surfer Marvel Legends Mighty MuggsJust call me Aerath. I have been a huge fan of the Marvel Legends Mighty Muggs since they came out a couple years ago. While I was never big into vinyl toys (my favorite was the Kid Robot Gorillaz figures, esp. Dare Edition Noodle) the Mighty Muggs added some cool humor to the genre.

Ok, so they're a clear rip off of the Dunny - Munny creations from KidRobot (yeh, the Mighty Muggs will hold your pen or pencil for you, just like a Dunny) but at least they were of characters you could care about. Spider-man, Captain America, Venom, Logan - Wolverine and Jean Grey? I'd take these over a Tara MacPherson Dunny design any day.

Now, not all Mighty Muggs are created the same. I looked at the Star Wars line and the Indiana Jones line and they did nothing for me. I did like the Boba Fett Mighty Mugg and Darth Vader was well done, but overall the line left me cold. Just a matter of preference, I guess.

Now if i had to pick the "mightiest" Mighty Mugg of all it would be tough. My finalists include The Vision, Doc Ock, Black Suit Spider-man and The Silver Surfer. But here's where I pull a fast one: The best Mighty Mugg in my opinion is the Star Wars Scout Trooper. Yeh, i just said the Star Wars line left me cold but who wouldn't want such a cool figure on their desk? I mean, he's even got the blaster (not that he could shoot it straight - none of the Empire's minions could). Overall, I hope they keep these lines up. Next time i want to talk about the DC version of Mighty Muggs called Uni-Formz.


Have you seen the new Crunkwear from PC-Tees.com? Check out the American Marijuana Medical Association logo design. You'll laugh yourself to the munchies. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment